40 Hoxton Street
London. N1 6LR
020 7613 9590
- Monday to Friday
12noon – 2pm (last order)
- Wednesday to Friday
6pm – 9pm (last order)
- Additional dates and events available upon request
Saturday Cookery Courses
- 2 hours Bread Making Class
- 2 hours Patisserie Class
- 2 Hours Knives, Fish, or Poultry Skills Class
- 2 Hours Pasta Making Class
Ignite your passion for cooking!
It doesn’t matter what level you are, just come along and let our chefs guide you and inspire your confidence. Our Weekend Cookery Classes are fun, relaxed, informative and interactive. They’re ideal for:
- Individuals looking at learning tricks of the trade
- Families with young children who want hands on experience (children must be 140cm minimum)
- Anyone who wants to learn skills and techniques rather than world cuisines
- Also suitable for corporate events, private cookery class, team building and hens parties
Weekend Cookery Classes last for two hours and cost £59pp / per person per class.
To book, please complete the enquiry form. Enquiry Form
At the end of the session, you will take home the preparation you made, along with printed class notes and recipes.
What you need to bring:
- Flat soled shoes
- Long trousers and a long sleeved top
- A notebook
- Insulated bag (Fish, Poultry and Knives and Pasta – disposable containers are also available)
- Linen apron (Bread and Patisserie – disposable aprons are also available)
What makes Open Kitchen so special?
As part of London City Hospitality Centre, our learners take an active role in promoting their culture and passion for food. All our classes, including corporate classes are run by our learners.
The benefits are immense and we hope that you will be able to experience this by yourself. By booking a Cookery Class at Open Kitchen, you are:
- Supporting local talents to develop into accomplished professionals,
- Learn genuine recipes, from around the world, made by experienced chefs,
- Providing our learners with first class experience,
- Support the school (all profits are reinvested into bursaries, uniforms, enrichment programmes, childcare support, etc).
You need to be at the College 15mins before the start of your class. You’ll spend 2 hours in our state of the art recently refurbished kitchens under the guidance of experienced chefs, will show you how to recreate restaurant standard cookery skills.
Cost is £59 per person – which must be paid in advance. No refunds will be given where clients cancel their attendance giving less than five working days notice. A minimum of 6 participants is required per date. Should this not be achieved, London City Hospitality Centre reserves the right to cancel the event and either reschedule or refund all money paid.
From time to time, due to circumstances beyond our control, we may have to reschedule an event date or change the topic of the class. Should this situation arise, all clients will be notified and an alternative offered.
How to get here:
- Overground: Hoxton (5 minutes)
- Underground: Old Street, Liverpool Street (10 minutes)
- Bus: 55, 149, 242, 243
- Parking: off street parking outside the Open Kitchen (£4 per hour, max stay 4 hours) or Main College Entrance in Falkirk Street (£1 per hour, no max stay)
- Full Address: 40 Hoxton Street, N1 6LR East London